Vanyel Kane's Reviews > The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

Apr 30, 12

The plot thickens, oh how it thickens. Things are getting hot in Morganville and Shane's life hangs in the balance. I really think that kid is an idiot. Anyone that dumb is going to end up dead or dragging others down with him. Claire in case of point. She is getting stronger in this one but still has some way to go. I still think she is waaaaaayyyy too nice to Monica. Actually that gets strained to the point of disbelief in this book. In fact it gets so ridiculous that I don't believe it and I think the author needs to be reminded of just how bad Monica acted in this. There is something that nearly happens to Claire because of Monica and it is pretty vile. Yes Monica did not deserve what might have happened to her in this book but I suspect Claire's opinion of her is going to continue and quite frankly I'm disgusted. If this story had happened to me, Monica would be meeting a very interesting end. In fact I think that is true of most people. I think that Claire's reactions are HIGHLY unrealistic and not very human. I'm trying not to give spoilers in case you did not notice.

Other than that problem, which has me grinding my teeth, things move quickly and it is very enjoyable to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls' Dance.