Krystal's Reviews > Surrender

Surrender by Elana Johnson

Jun 24, 12

Read on June 11, 2012

This is the follow up to Elana Johnsons's Possession. And it was just like Possession in the sense that it was confusing at times to keep up with what was going on and things didn't always flow together nicely. But there was enough interest in the book (like #1) that kept me reading. Maybe it was the characters, maybe the plot, I'm not sure but in the end I finished it anticipating the knowledge of what's happening and now awaiting book 3.

Surrender is told though the narrative of different characters for each chapter. It was interesting to see book 2 done like this. We're reintroduced to some old characters but are also introduced to new characters, new characters like Raine, who similar to Vi is a strong independent young lady who is willing to stick up for herself and what she believes is right. If you liked Vi in Possession than you wont be disappointed with Raine. Gunner is another character that we meet and he plays a crutial role in Surrender. He's flagged and because of this, his life as he knew it is instantly turned upside down. He's a strong willed and stubborn guy and adds to the story. We still get to follow Vi, Jag and Zenn so don't worry - our favourite love triangle is still hanging on but with some difficulty (You'll find out when you read this book - remember the cliffhanger at the end of book 1?)

Overall, Surrender was a good read especially if you read and enjoyed Possession. I just think that Elana Johnson has a different way of writing and it obviously works for her, her books have sold like hotcakes. I can't wait for book 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender.