Stacy's Reviews > Wilde's Fire

Apr 29, 2012

bookshelves: netgalley
Read on May 15, 2012

I gave it 3.5 stars

Katriona, her sister and best friend set out on a camping trip and were sent into another world through a cave portal. Katriona learns not only was she born to this world but she is the one who will bring it back to life.

I enjoyed the world that Wade created. The fact that it is dark and only Kate with Arland beside her can light it up was easy to imagine with the way it was presented to us. I loved that Kate had always dreamed of Arland so that when she saw him in real life all her feelings were already there and she was instantly drawn to him. Its clear from the beginning that they were born for each other and I had no trouble imagining them together and rooting for them. WILDE'S FIRE also had some great supporting characters. They all brought something new to the story.

The story progressed at a nice speed, revealing just enough to get to the next step without giving to much away. I wasn't so crazy about the ending but that is just because I don't want to go through most of book 2 without some of my favorite characters. I hope book 2 isn't far off.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wilde's Fire.