Jess Haines's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

May 02, 12

bookshelves: humor, memoir, non-fiction
I own a copy

It's like this book was written just for me.

People... oh, people, I was crying with laughter over this entire book. Except for the parts where I was crying happy tears for the people Jenny helped, or gasping with horror at the latest travesty to befall her.

This book is hilarious. I really don't know what else to say. If you know anything about her, you know that Jenny is completely insouciant, and fucked up in the most delightful way. She's also an incredible person who came up with some truly lovely and selfless ways to help others, like the Traveling Red Dress and the James Garfield Christmas Miracle.

If you're not familiar with The Bloggess, read this post, and then decide for yourself if you can deal with her sense of humor. If you find it funny, even a little bit, then chances are you will love LET'S PRETEND THIS NEVER HAPPENED.

God, I want my own Beyoncé.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

Haley I do not think I can thank you enough for posting this. I read your review and decided that it was probably worth my time to read her blog. It turned out I was right (I do love those moments, however fleeting they may be). I not only laughed, but cried hysterically. My mom did not believe a blog post could be that entertaining, until she ended up crying from laughing so hard. It was extremely enjoyful to finally be able to tell her "I told you so," since that is the only reason she has ever used for eighteen years :) Lawson made my day with that first picture and especially with her new embroidery on her towels. I can't wait to read her book.

Jess Haines I'm glad my review inspired you to check out her blog. She's really fantastic. I'm kicking myself for missing her signing when she was here in Los Angeles!

On the bright side, I do have a signed bookplate since I preordered her book. :)

Hope you love it as much as I did!

<3,