Carly's Reviews > To See The Sun

To See The Sun by Peggy Blann Phifer

Apr 29, 12

Once again my bias is showing. I mean my bias for debut novels. Suspense books may not be my favorite books to read, but I just did not want to pass on this debut novel, especially when the story sounded as interesting as this one. I like a suspense novel that has some romance in it to help balance out the suspense that does not appeal to me much.

Now, I am very finicky about my suspense novels. They have to grab me right away or there is little hope that I will love it. Peggy has succeeded in roping me in. I did not have any trouble sympathizing with Erin and what she is going through and I just had to know what was going to happen with her. I felt very engaged in this story and truly cared about these characters, and the action and suspense was so very well written. There were some things that took me by surprise and just added to my overall enjoyment of this book. Another thing that I like to see in suspense novels is short chapters. This book has short chapters that made it fly by even faster. I always feel that those short chapters keep the action and momentum going, and this book certainly has plenty of that.

Overall, To See the Sun is a debut novel that I would highly recommend not missing. Welcome to the wonderful world of fiction Peggy, the genre is better off now that you are a part of it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To See The Sun.