Leslie's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Mar 08, 14

bookshelves: romance, love-triangle, new-adult-contemporary
Read from June 06 to 10, 2012

Jacqueline has followed her high school boyfriend (Kennedy) of 3 years to the college he has chosen to acquire a law degree. Being a talented musician herself, Jacqueline could have gone to any musically based college she desired, but her heart made her decision for her and that heart was about to be shattered. Two weeks after her boyfriend breaks up with her so he can date other people, Jacqueline is simply devastated; although is talked into being the designated driver for her best friend, Erin while she gets her drunk on at a local Halloween frat party. Once it's obvious Erin is staying with her new boyfriend and won't be needing a ride, Jacqueline leaves the party alone, walks to her truck and is nearly raped, but is saved by a tall, light-eyed savior whom she discovers later is named, "Lucas." He is a handsome senior and for weeks after, Jacqueline notices Lucas around campus, doing odd jobs and also watching her from a distance. Soon, Jacqueline comes to know and trust Lucas and realizes his talent for sketching "all things campus related" including many of herself. She is intrigued as is he and their relationship slowly blossoms into much more.

This was my first Tammara Webber book but I can assure you, it won't be my last. Even though the ending was a tad predictable, I've heard wonderful things about this author. Though I'm not a huge YA fan, my first instincts were to skip this genre altogether, no matter how much everyone was ranting about them. I am so glad I didn't take myself too seriously and in my ever-present endeavor to read something "different" I've found a few YA/New Adult Contemporary books lately that have been beyond good; this book being no exception. This story is about the realization of finding what matters and forgiving those who no longer should. It's about love and apprehension. It's about staying close to someone without losing yourself. It's also about chasing your dreams while you can still be carefree enough in life to do it.
19 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

06/06/2012 "Wow, just started reading and didn't see that coming! Whoa nelly!" 5 comments
06/08/2012 "Lucas/Landon....Hummm." 8 comments

Anne OK Looking forward to your review, Leslie!

Anne OK Very nicely done, Leslie! After "Easy," I'm definitely going to try another book by Tammara Webber!

Leslie AnneOK wrote: "Very nicely done, Leslie! After "Easy," I'm definitely going to try another book by Tammara Webber!"

Thank you, Anne. Yes, I will definitely read another book by her! She's a good writer!

Karla Nice review Leslie!

Leslie Karla wrote: "Nice review Leslie!"

Thank you, Karla!! ;)

Kristin (KC) Great review, Leslie! I will definitely be reading more Tammara Webber books, also!

Leslie Kris wrote: "Great review, Leslie! I will definitely be reading more Tammara Webber books, also!"

Thank you, Kris! You're such a sweetheart!

Leslie Thank you, Baba!! Mine aren't quite as entertaining as yours, though. ;)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Leslie wrote: "Thank you, Baba!! Mine aren't quite as entertaining as yours, though. ;)"

Oh, that's not true, Leslie!

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee Great review Leslie ☺

Leslie Dee wrote: "Great review Leslie ☺"

Thank you, Dee!!

Leslie I loved loved loved this book!!