Jacqueline's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Keith R.A. DeCandido

May 13, 12

Read in May, 2012

I love Supernatural with all of my being and every little fiber of my heart, so naturally, I ran to this book with open arms. And all in all, it wasn't terrible. But it's really the little things that got at me.

The biggest issue I had: Sammich is not and will never be acceptable.

But it was pretty good, I mean it was basically like reading iffy fanfiction. Let's be real; I read Redemption Road so I've got some pretty high standards. This was alright though. Enjoyable, just not up there. The moments between Sam and Dean were awkward and forced, and way too much joking about songs and all that kind of stuff. We got it.

Another problem was not all readers of this book are from the Bronx. So using every single street's name and avenue and lane and address and direction was not helping me picture it; it was a tad annoying. It was kinda hard to read through. I don't live there, and even if I did, I still wouldn't know where the heck they were at.

I'm still reading though. I hear Heart of the Dragon makes up for this, so three more books to go. Read on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.

05/08/2012 page 170
54.0% "I'm not really sure how I feel but I'll say this: SAMMICH IS NOT OKAY. NEVER AGAIN."
05/09/2012 page 220
71.0% "So far no more Sammich. It's not bad. I like."
05/10/2012 page 290
93.0% "Alright I like it."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nikki Haha yeah Sammich threw me! I completely agree that never again should that be used! :)

Jacqueline Nikki wrote: "Haha yeah Sammich threw me! I completely agree that never again should that be used! :)"
Yeah Sammich is a no-no! I just wonder why they put that in the book like why