Kevin Allmaras's Reviews > Panserhjerte

Panserhjerte by Jo Nesbø

M 50x66
May 07, 12

Read from April 29 to May 07, 2012

Second book of his that has been translated to English. I've read the Redbreast previously and I liked this one much better. His lead the enigmatic Harry Hole his lead detective and serial murder specialist is at it again. Seems the Scandinavian writers like morally challenged detectives with dogged determination. I wish the Snowman had been translated first since there are a fair amount of references made about him and what he did to harry. Harry starts out in Hong Kong in a drug induced bender all the while hiding from debtors. His boss sends a detective to hunt him down as there is a new serial killer on the loose. As Harry's father is also dying they are able to convince him to come back. Harry's interest is peaked when given a folder and an Mp is later murdered. Then we get to meet the lead inspector and Harry's foil Mikael Bellman. Harry's boss Gunnar Hagen is at war with Bellman for the lead in this case since all future major crimes will either go to Bellmans Kripos or Hagen Crime squad. There are a lot of potential suspects with a lot of misdirection and a hell of alot of clues. I had about two thirds of it right but the last third being the most important that I didn't figure out. Some very creative characters that pull you all over the place. Some though the author does not finish with. A strong novel well worth the read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Panserhjerte.