Christine's Reviews > One Night Of Scandal

One Night Of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: romance, abandoned

It's never a good sign when I decide I've had enough of a romance just as the sex scene is beginning. It usually means, as it does in this case, that I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in the connection between the two characters, and that the chemistry has utterly failed.

I've rarely seen less chemistry between two characters. I didn't dislike either one of them, nor did I find them inherently incomparable, I just felt like every instance of the two touching, kissing, or even thinking about the other felt amazingly forced. Not that they did any of that very often. Up until the point I left off, the two spent very little time together at all. They also didn't know the first thing about one another.

One of the problems, from a writerly standpoint, was telling vs. showing. Every once in a while, as the story progressed, one of the characters would randomly think that they were attracted to the other...telling me, but never showing me that same feeling. Plus, these thoughts would corp up at odd times. We're in the middle of something completely unrelated, when all of a sudden she's thinking about her husband. Of course, since they never spent any time together, there weren't many natural times for her to think these things.

Anyway, it failed for me.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night Of Scandal.