Elle (Ligia)'s Reviews > Inescapable

Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol

May 19, 12

bookshelves: angels, must-read, read-in-2012, paranormal-romance, reviewed
Read from May 18 to 19, 2012

I don’t know whether to scream in happiness or to cry right now. I just finished reading Inescapable and I’m not so sure if it is wise of me to write a review quiet so soon. I probably need to take a few deep breaths, because really, my head is swimming. What have you done to me Amy A. Bartol?

Wow. Where to start, huh?

Evie, oh Evie! I loved her since minute one, how can you not. I was amazed at her strength, and her sense of humor and sarcasm. Despite what was happening around her she remained courageous, and with a fierce determination to protect what she loved.

It is still early in the story when we are invited to the sight of a broad set of shoulders, sensual mouth, straight nose and angry green eyes. Swoon anyone? In that exact moment I was a goner. Reed had me even before uttering a single word in his persuasive way of speaking. I admit it all kind of shattered when he tried intimidating Evie into leaving, but even then I just couldn’t bring myself to really get angry with him. Can you really blame me, though? He was perfect.

We meet Russell not long after, and I’ll just go forward and say I didn’t like him… Okay, maybe that is not entirely true, I did like him a little bit. Mostly because he was funny, but there was a point in the story that I just wanted him to get lost already. What can I say, Reed won me over first, and I’m pretty protective of him.

There were so many emotions swirling in this book. There was just the right amount of romance to keep me going and there was also suspense. So much I was close to all pulling my hair out one by one. Not knowing was eating me alive, just as much as it was Evie. I was a bit past half of the book when I started wondering if I would survive it at all, what with Russell annoying me for no reason at all and with Reed hurting to protect Evie from what he thought was the right thing to do, it was torture. Torture I tell you! There also was the fact that I seemed to be getting more confused by the minute, but that might just have been because it was 5am and I hadn’t slept in over twenty-four house. I just couldn’t stop!

I was nearing the end and I was having one of those WTF moments. The confusion was not letting up, in fact I think I’ve never been so confused in my life, but at the same time it was like everything was falling together. Crazy, huh? You’ll have to read Inescapable to know what I mean, and believe me when I say you won’t be left confused, it will be more like itching to know what might happen next.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inescapable.

05/18/2012 page 21
05/18/2012 page 221
56.0% "Ah! I need to take a deep breath!"
05/18/2012 page 130
33.0% "This is killing me. Oh god!"
05/19/2012 page 241
61.0% "*whine*"
05/19/2012 page 288
73.0% "Omg! Omg! Omg!"
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ heyyy .. is it forbidden or boy hates girl and then loves her book ???? thanx
Elle <3

Elle (Ligia) Oh! Yes! He's not friendly to her at the beginning indeed! Ohh! You'll love this one! I just know it! :D