TarynXO's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Feb 28, 2013

bookshelves: paranormal-supernatural, fallen-angel-etc, amazing-covers, read-more-than-once, 5-star-favs, yummy-boys-i-want, demons, read-in-2012-favs, favorite-authors
Read from May 01 to 02, 2012

Being a nephilim is hard work, literally.

Words can not even describe the emotion and feelings that are stiring around inside of me right now. I was up till 1am reading this book and words can not fathom how I'm feeling right now.

Firstly, I started this book thinking it was just one sole novel on it's own. Not a series. So I went into it expecting alot of answers and understanding so that I had that "satisfied" feeling when it ended.

That was not met.

I absolutely loved everything about this book. I have read many "fallen angels" and "demon-like" novels but this one was really set apart from the rest.

We all know our 7 deadly sins right? Wrath, Gluttony, Greed, Envy, Sloth, Lust, and Pride. Now imagine your father represented one of these sins and you had to work to fufill these sins on a human? Thats what the Nephilim offsprings of these "Dukes" (demons) have to work for.

Anna, our main character, is set apart of these other Nephilims as her mother was an angel. Of course at the beginning, she doesn't know this. That's when she meets Kaidan.

Kaidan. Oh my god, Kaidan. *Swoons* I know, pathetic right? Of course he has to be a demon of Lust and ohhhh boy did I feel it. I loved him, I hated him, I wanted to get lost in him. Yeah, even more pathetic.

When Anna and Kaidan make a trip together so that Anna can meet her father, they begin to really fall for each other, but imagine falling for someone you literally can't be with?

Of couse, that always makes you want it more.

My heart melted into these two more then I have felt for two characters in a really long time. When they weren't apart and Anna was crying, I wanted to cry with her! I felt her heartbreak, I felt her sadness, I felt everything she felt and it hurt. Big time.

For the first time, I'm not even going to go into any spoilers as I honestly don't know if I can take it. All I know is when it ended I thought of it as "omg, thats it! I will never know anything else from this moment on." And I wanted to cry, seriously the tears whelled up. I hated everything about this ending.

After researching it, I'm extremely relieved to know that it's not yet over. **My god thank you Wendy!!!**

So when all is said and done, I put the book down at 1am feeling left in the dark. I was so sad. I want my hot, sexy british boyfriend back okay?!

**sigh** way to go Wendy, this book was amazing!
13 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

Quotes TarynXO Liked

Wendy Higgins
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.”
Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil

05/02/2012 page 121
05/02/2012 page 121
26.0% ""ahh there u are luv" -- I swoon at the fact that I can picture his accent when he says that. Yum!"
05/03/2012 page 465
100.0% ""ahh there u are luv" -- I swoon at the fact that I can picture his accent when he says that. Yum!"

message 1: by Gi Gi (new)

Gi Gi Your review made me laugh x I so wanna read this book x :P

TarynXO I highly suggest it :) and thank you, haha I get ahead of myself sometimes ;)

Kayla This book was so good. :3 I need more Kaidan and Anna.

message 4: by Gi Gi (new)

Gi Gi Yh i really want to read it now, I was kinda like hesitant at first cuz' the blurb sound so... commmon. but yeah Im definatly going to read this xx

TarynXO Yay! I really hope that you enjoy it Gabrielle :)

Bethany I'm just starting this one now, Taryn. From the looks of your review I'm sure I won't be disapointed!

TarynXO @Kayla I agree!! I felt so lost at the end haha.
@Bethany, you won't :) Glad your reading it! Hope you enjoy it as well!

message 8: by Gi Gi (new)

Gi Gi Bethany wrote: "I'm just starting this one now, Taryn. From the looks of your review I'm sure I won't be disapointed!"

awww thanks x