Jo (Mixed Book Bag)'s Reviews > A Tryst with Trouble

A Tryst with Trouble by Alyssa Everett

Sep 08, 13

bookshelves: historical-romance, mystery, romance
Read in April, 2012 — I own a copy

Forget that part about debating a recommendation. Carina Press picked up the book when Alyssa got the rights back and it is now about to be published. Pick this book up. It is great.

I debated publishing this recommendation. Dorchester Publishing had A
Tryst with Trouble scheduled to be released on April 1, 2012. In March of 2012 Dorchester closed it doors and no one seems to know what will happen to the books where they had rights. So I don’t know when this book will be available but because I really liked it I decided to mention it and hope it becomes available soon.

I loved the characters, the dialog, the tension, and the romance. Alyssa Everett used a difficult situation to great advantage in the book, one that you seldom see in main stream historical fiction. I loved how she handled the Dukes preferences for men and when finally asked by his son “why” she had an elegant explanation. That preference was a driving force in his son’s development and affected much of his action. You would think that would weigh down the book but it was handled with good taste and a lot of humor.

I think Alyssa Everett has a great future as a historical romance writer. Fortunately, Alyssa does have another book coming out so we will not have to wait for Dorchester to get sorted out to read her next book which will probably be her first published book. Ruined by Rumor will be released by Carina Press on May 25, 2012. I got a copy from NetGalley. You can see what I said about Ruined by Rumor in my What Else I Read in April post.

I do plan to keep an eye out for future books by Alyssa Everett and hope this book will be published soon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tryst with Trouble.