Nitzan Schwarz's Reviews > Adventures in Funeral Crashing

Adventures in Funeral Crashing by Milda Harris

Apr 29, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary
Read on April 30, 2012 , read count: 1

To read more reviews and fun things go to my blog; Drugs Called Books!

I give this story 3.5 stars.

It's a cute, fun story. I, for one, finished it in a day. It's from the kind of books that are most enjoyable in those busy, suffocating times you need a break from. It just rolls right out, glides down and makes you forget for a blissful couple of hours that there are other things in the world, other than Kait and Ethan's obliviousness.

However, this is not for those who love a deep, twisting mystery. Sure, there is that whole murder investigation, but I for one saw the ending from miles away--at least I had a very strong suspicion.

(view spoiler)
But this isn't a book meant to surprise you. It is, in the end, a romance story, about the un-popular girl and the school's hottie. Cinderella all over again - but I happen to like Cinderella and romance so I'm fine with it.
I did wish there was more to the investigation, but I guess they did fine for someone their age, or something. Still, I like a good mystery novel, and this is not that.

What I disliked about this book was the repetition. Like the Milkshake thing. God, how many times are you going to tell us it's heaven on earth, or mention it? And just for that last sentence... It drove me mad. Or how hot he was. Was she really only interested in him because he was hot? Obviously, we know it ain't so, but at times it really seemed like that.

Still, a fun read, definitely. Super cute. I will be reading the next book in the series. Hopefully, there will be more romance and it will not try to disguise itself as a mystery novel, because you need more than just a murder to write something like that...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adventures in Funeral Crashing.