Cat's Reviews > Scorched Skies

Scorched Skies by Samantha Young

Apr 29, 2012

Read on June 17, 2012

As always, I LOVED Ms. Young's book! I've been waiting and waiting to read the sequel to ever since I read #1, and finally purchased it on sale (thanks to the wonderful author!).

After falling in love with Ari and her plight, I couldn't wait to read more. The characters are all very realistic, with their own problems, faults, strengths, and weaknesses. Each has an internal debate about what they want in life and how it's actually playing out; whether or not they should deviate from their 'life mission.' Because the story is told from 3rd person, you get to follow each of the characters, and I definitely came to feel for each of them.

There are a lot of characters to keep track of, not to mention the different types of Jinn (plus their powers and duties). It can be a bit much if you don't remember everything from the previous book, but the author does a decent job at filling in the holes without being too repetitive for those who do remember. There's a set of new characters, though some are more important than others.

The plot moves at a good pace, though there are some 'slow' moments. These are dedicated to a lot of emotional rollercoaster-ing. You also get to see more of Jai's life, and there are a few location changes. You seriously delve more into each of the three main characters and there's lots of progression from all three of them. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scorched Skies.