Caro's Reviews > Child of the Prophecy

Child of the Prophecy by Juliet Marillier

F 50x66
Aug 06, 14

bookshelves: cute, fantasy, historical-fiction, repetitive-reading

I definitely liked this book the best out of the Sevenwaters trilogy.
it was probably the romance (or lack of it) that i liked the most, but it was still good. In the previous two novels, Sorcha and Liadan are so perfect, strong, good women. You know they deserve that they have and their men, and i loved reading their stories. But i don't know. Fainne definitely felt much more real. She was conflicted over good and bad, tried to protect the ones she loved, and actually made some decisions.

Unlike Sorcha, who pretty much had her choices made for her, or Liadan, who made choices by following her own heart, Fainne had to deal with the bigger issues here, beyond her immediate self and family.

ACTUAL SACRIFICE HAPPENED HERE. I LOVE SACRIFICE.

It makes such a better story. Also I probably adored Darragh the most out of all the men in Sevenwaters. i hate romances where the two characters fall in love at first sight. i can definitely deal with falling in love after a few months. But Darragh has always been Fainne's friend, and what they share is special, even more than Sorcha and Hugh or Liadan and John because they were friends before they were lovers. GOT THAT YA? I DON'T GIVE A HOOHAH ABOUT YOUR HOT RICH BOYFRIEND THAT YOU MET FIVE SECONDS AGO.

Darragh is impossibly sweet, doesn't try to push Fianne, and would give up the world to be with her in a way that I actually could believe the two happening.

Fianne is spirited, conflicted, and alive, less perfect and flawed but that's what makes her so interesting to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Child of the Prophecy.