Grey853's Reviews > Ready, Scrap, Shoot

202173
Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: cozy, mystery
Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Kiki is berated and bossed around by her mother to the point of abuse. It makes the snide and shabby comments her mother-in-law heaped on her in the first few books look like child's play.

I found it incredibly disheartening and toxic. I like protagonists who can stand up for themselves and it's like Kiki has no backbone when it comes with dealing with these obnoxious women. Emotional martyrdom isn't attractive in a lead character, at least not to me.

There's a lot of action in the book, with two killers intent on killing Kiki. It's more than a little over the top.

In addition the ending was like something tacked on because the author didn't have time to actually finish writing the last chapter. Instead of having narrative, the ending is a single page news report to let people know who died, who went to the hospital, and who was arrested. Period.

After all that drama one would think the reader deserved a real final chapter and not an afterthought.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready, Scrap, Shoot.