Jenny GB's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Apr 29, 12

Read in April, 2012

I just got my hands on this and read it all in one day, which is a good sign. I really enjoyed the fairy-tale like aspects of the story and the three nested stories of the plot. The stories were well written, funny, sad, and moving that very much remind me of The Dark Tower series. It was a quick and easy read that I thoroughly enjoyed. The only reason why I didn't rate it five stars is because the beginning seemed so forced. I imagine that it's really tough to write an introduction that gives new readers some information about The Dark Tower series, but to me the characters read as comically exaggerated and it all seemed rather contrived. However, that quickly changed when the stories began and the ending was just fine. I'm also not sure how well this fills in the gap between books 4 and 5 in the series unless there are some more intended novels (which I would eagerly read). The best consequence of this is to remind me that I really should read the whole series again sometime!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.