Melindeeloo's Reviews > Kiss of the Goblin Prince

Kiss of the Goblin Prince by Shona Husk

May 06, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from April 29 to 30, 2012

4.5 stars From the first moment they see each other Dai and Amanda experience an attraction to each other, but each will have to decide to let go of the pasts that hold them back if they going to discover whether the golden threads of attraction that are forming between them hold any promise of a future together.

Coming into the story - considering that Dai and his brother Roan are no longer hideous goblins trapped in the gray shadowlands and the curse that nearly stole their last shreds of humanity is now broken - I was really wondering where Kiss of the Goblin Prince was going to go story wise.

Resuming his life as a human after thousands of years, Dai has some serious issues which are making it hard to just learn how to live again, and only some of them are due to having lived (and planned on dying) as a goblin for so long. So in some ways it is natural that Dai gets the vast majority of the screen time in Kiss of the Goblin Prince. I am totally hero-centric and love magic so the story and the romance still worked for me even though there actually weren't a lot scenes with both Amanda and Dai together and there was with minimal smexy stuff. To me it made sense that Dai and Amanda's pursuit of the attraction between them was a cautious one and I liked that Amanda was willing to take a chance on someone as damaged as Dai. And I liked that Amanda actually had the skills to help Dai - I especially liked the part of the story where Amanda gets Dai to finally speak about his past by letting him tell it to her in one of the dead languages he knows - giving him someone to tell to his story to in a very safe way.

So, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed Dai's story - I actually ended up liking Kiss of the Goblin Prince even more than King of the Goblins - and, after having had a look at the teaser, am looking forward to the next book as Husk's Shadowland series continues with For the Love of a Goblin Warrior

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Goblin Prince.

04/29/2012 page 42
12.0% "I enjoyed the first book, but was wondering what direction the second book would take since the goblin curse was broken, but Dai has some serious issues and only some of them are due to having lived (and planned on dying) as a goblin for so long..."