Lynsey's Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Sep 10, 12

Read in April, 2012

When I found out that one of my favourite YA authors was writing an adult book, I immediately added it to my wish list and started counting down the days. Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn AKA Jennifer L. Armentrout is her first adult offering but I’d hazard a guess that it’s not the last and quite rightly so! The story is surprise, surprise centred around a wedding. Madison has been in love with her older brother Mitch’s best friend Chase since childhood. They grew up together and whilst Chase has always been protective of Madison, there’s just some lines that shouldn’t be crossed in his eyes. But when they both show up for the wedding and due to an unfortunate oversight, are forced to share a room together, sparks fly. Along the way, there are plenty of mishaps and misunderstandings to provide conflict and character growth and even though you can guess the ending, you’ll still be rooting for them.

I have to say that I kept picturing Chris Hemsworth in the role of Chase and I suspect that this has something to do with having seen Cabin in the Woods at the cinema lately but hey, works for me baby!

Obviously, this book has adult content but it’s not full on erotica and although at some point certain parts of their anatomy are referred to as their "sex” (ugh, pet hate I’m afraid) I can live with it because I loved the story. Just so you know, in true Jennifer style, she makes it hard for you to pick up the book and read ONLY ONE chapter. I could not stop reading until I had finished the book and I have to say that I enjoyed every single moment.

Tempting the Best Man is a delicious contemporary romance and a fun read that will compel you to keep reading until the final climax *no pun intended* *not really*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.