amelia cavendish's Reviews > Gambit

208341
Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: action, alternate-universe, books-2012, het, graphic-novels
Read on April 29, 2012

I fell in love with Remy Etienne LeBeau, better known as Gambit, watching the old X-Men cartoon in the 90s and they are currently rerunning it on telly at the moment.

One of the episodes deals with a part of Gambit's back-story, but virtually everything in it is wrong, so I had to return to the comfort of this graphic novel that I have read many times over the years to put it all right again in my head!

Remy is called back to New Orleans in order to help with the tithing to an immortal mutant, as known as an external, named Candra. During this time we find out why Remy left and more importantly, who he had left behind. Also Gambit and Rogue's blossoming romance takes a more serious turn :-)!

The het relationships in the X-Men I am drawn to are definitely the tragic ones, like Gambit and Rogue (due to Rogue's powers they can't touch) or Logan and Jean Grey (where Jean is in love with and loyal to Scott).

This is a bit of an aside, and my score would be 4.5 stars because of it, but it does upset me that Gambit's eyes are wrong through most of this adventure. His eyes are black with red irises, not blue! Please don't even get me started on the fact that his trademark eyes don't even make an appearance in the Wolverine movie...!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gambit.