MandyM's Reviews > Frog

Frog by Mary Calmes

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: m-m-romance
Read in April, 2012

Didn't really like this one at all. The doctor (I've already forgotten his name and I only just put the book down) is a colourless character and only exists to emphasize the seemingly supernatural attraction of the cowboy Weber. The situation where they all lived happily ever after with the sister and her kids and how the sister made Weber the guardian of her little children (totally bypassing her brother BTW) was completely unbelievable. The romance between Weber and the doctor was almost overwhelmed by his relationship with the sister. Not for me.
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frog.

Emma Sea Oh, sorry you didn't like :-(

I agree the ship with the sister was a huge part of the story, and zero in there is believable. (Still adored it tho.)

MandyM I've liked lots of her books but now it's a harder sell seeing as the characters and relationships are the same in each one. I totally get why others love it tho.;)

Edina Rose Woa! bypassing her own bro? There is unbelievable and then there is UNBELIEVABLE!

MandyM Uh Huh!

Emma Sea Edina wrote: "Woa! bypassing her own bro? There is unbelievable and then there is UNBELIEVABLE!"

MandyM wrote: "Uh Huh!"

It was because (view spoiler)

MandyM I think the sister wanted to replace her husband with Weber too! lol

Emma Sea lol, yeah, she did not miss the husband one bit. For a moment there I wondered if it was going to be an m/m & m/f book.

Edina Rose Emma wrote: "Edina wrote: "Woa! bypassing her own bro? There is unbelievable and then there is UNBELIEVABLE!"

MandyM wrote: "Uh Huh!"

It was because [spoilers removed]"

OK, it kind of makes sense. Risky biz (I say that as a mum), but if she really trusts the guy AND he is worthy, then why not?

message 9: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D Risky biz, yes. But Weber and the bro were married so that makes it slightly less risky. But yeah, it was def Weber that brought Micah back so I can see it. Not sure why she didn't just make them both guardians once they got married. That would make more sense and would've been more plausible.

MandyM I don't think 'plausible' is a big concern in Mary Calmes' novels!;P