Kati (Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance)'s Reviews > The Angel

The Angel by Tiffany Reisz

***original review posted at Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance***

Where do I even begin with this review for The Angel? Damn you, Tiffany Reisz! *shaking fist but not in a sexual kind of way*

After reading The Angel I went into a three week reading funk. That's how amazing it is. I picked up one book and half heartedly read the first fifty pages. Picked up another and couldn't even get past the first chapter. The Angel had broken me. I know that I should have realized reading anything by Tiffany Reisz, a book or short story, can leave a euphoric feeling in my heart but then ruin the next few reads I pick up. So apologies to all authors whose books I read after a Tiffany Reisz book.

The Angel brings us deeper into the world of our favorite Sinners especially Søren, Griffin and Michael. Nora and Søren get back together for a little while until a snoopy reporter sends Nora packing for Griffin's farm while Søren deals with the reporter the Søren way with a side of Kingsley. Nora brings Michael with her to Griffin's and it becomes an epic summer full of hot, totally consensual sex in any position, in every room.

There's so much going on in Angel. Fisting. Edge play. A threesome. Sex in a Rolls. Sex on an Aston Martin while discovering a Ducati midthrust. A priest and a notorious erotica writer. A reporter and a super sexy Frenchman. An angel and a griffin. A kilt and Doc Martens. A snarky butler. A certain Swedish vampire. Coded files. Flogging. Bareback. Murder. Incest. Secrets. Love. If that doesn't intrigue you into reading The Angel I don't know what will.

The Angel will push your boundaries further than The Siren (read this first). It will shock, scandalize and rope you in to the point of turning the pages faster and faster. Revelations about Søren's childhood will leave your heart aching and haunt your dreams for weeks. This book should come with a safeword. Seriously.

Tiffany Reisz has done it again. I thought Siren was my favorite book of the year but Angel just topped it. Is The Prince here yet?

There are so many quotes from the book that I want to share but I'll leave the rest for you to discover. Here's just a few that I have stickies next to:

Søren:
No one watching him now would ever believe Søren was forty-seven years old. And none seeing them last night and this morning as he beat her and fucked her repeatedly in a variety of delightfully degrading positions would have dreamed he was one of the most respected Catholic priests in all of New England.

Kingsley:
Kingsley Edge, the King of Kink in New York City. Half-French, all pervert. Her occasional lover and Søren's best friend. Well, best friend on those occasions Søren wasn't threatening to kill him.

Griffin:
And coming down the main spiral staircase taking two steps at a time and wearing nothing but a black kilt and Doc Marten boots was the lunatic laird of the manor himself.

Michael:
Of course, most guys his age didn't have hair that fell to their shoulders and predilection for self-abuse in the literal sense. Scalding water wasn't quite as much fun as scalding candle wax, but it was the best he had.

***review copy provided by Netgalley and author***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel.