Jenni Ebba's Reviews > Kiss of Pride

Kiss of Pride by Sandra Hill

May 14, 12

Read from April 28 to May 14, 2012

After I finally got over the writing style I realized it's a good story. The author's writing style isn't something I look for in a story. Beside all that though the characters are pretty straightforward. If you're looking for something new and awe-inspiring keep looking. The plot wasn't terribly original outside viking vampire angels. The hero is the leader who, with his band of brothers is seeking redemption for slights against God almost a thousand years prior.
I think the most unique thing about this story was the leading lady. She is a journalist who lost both her husband and daughter to murder. She is contemplating killing her husband and daughter's killers if she doesn't think justice is rightfully served in their trial; which is still underway when her boss sends her out on a possible story- a new town called Transylvania, Pennsylvania. In this town vampires are seen as productive members of a society; not that the people actually believe in vampires- but it is a lucrative Twilight meets Dracula fanfest.
Hearing about the Lord who is renovating the town castle, she heads there to see just how deep a story she can find. Instead of finding a story about moronic vampire worshipers, she finds redemption in love.
As I mentioned not overly original but it's a nice read. Probably won't grab the second, but it's more that it isn't my thing....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Pride.

05/03/2012 "I am having trouble getting into it. The synopsis is very attention getting, but it reads like a middle school student wrote it- very cut and dry."
05/08/2012 "I keep restarting this book. Am not going to give up!"