Katie's Reviews > His at Night

His at Night by Sherry Thomas

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012
Read from June 08 to 15, 2012

I found this a lot less compelling than the other Sherry Thomas books I've read (Private Arrangements and Beguiling the Beauty) and I'm not sure why. I wasn't a huge fan of the premise and all the deceit inherent in said premise, but Beguiling the Beauty also used plot points I wasn't that fond of and I didn't really care.

Anyway, it took me a really, really long time to get into this one (40%? Maybe even 50%?) and then I was hooked, but it still didn't quite come together for me. Which is too bad because I liked the exploration of Penny's reluctance to give up his safe fantasy for reality, but there just wasn't ENOUGH done with that for my taste.

Seeing Freddie from Private Arrangements was awesome though. I'm so glad he got more of a story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read His at Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Katie $3.99, want to read more by her, and love how it's described here: http://dearauthor.com/misc/reading-li...

Jess I loved seeing Freddie! I like that her books are in a connected universe. (Lord Vere showing up in BtB, etc.) But yeah, something about this one just didn't click for me either.

Katie Yeah! Connected universes aren't something that I necessarily miss if authors don't do them, but they really seem to add something. (And they're a nice balance between series and stand alones.)

And I really felt for Freddie in Private Arrangements, so I'm just so so glad that wasn't the last we saw of him.