Douglas Cootey's Reviews > Answers to Distraction

Answers to Distraction by Edward M. Hallowell

Sep 23, 10

bookshelves: self-help, non-fiction
Read from February 09 to September 23, 2010

Fantastic resource. I am so glad that I made it a goal to finish this book before reading others. It's not laid out with any sort of narrative. It is literally answers to a pile of cards Hallowell had collected from people asking him questions about ADHD. He organized them into themes and answered them one at a time. Theoretically, one is supposed to come to the book with a question, then search for the proper chapter. Since there were so many pearls of advice and wisdom to be discovered throughout the entire book, I chose to read it chapter by chapter, answer by answer. It was ADHD torture. I believe I spent 3 or 4 years reading this book.

However, the things I learned in the last big push made the book four stars for me. I can't say I'd recommend reading this book, but I do recommend referencing it. If you wish to understand ADHD better, this book is perfect for the task.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Answers to Distraction.

09/22/2010 page 268
76.0% "Now on chapter 16. I had no idea there was an entire chapter dedicated to anger management in here. Riveting reading for me."
09/23/2010 page 288
82.0% ""For individuals w/ ADD, reassurance belongs in the same category w/ food & water." Brilliant. Such truth."