Reeses's Reviews > Fated

Jun 27, 12

it was ok
Recommended to Reeses by: Alyson Noel
Read from June 18 to 26, 2012 — I own a copy

When I read the synopsis for this book I wasn't sure I would like it. Alyson Noel's Immortals series and I just didn't hit it off so I was skeptical of reading this book. However, I decided to push away those feelings and just go for it, especially since I met the author and heard her reading an exert I just had to get my hands on this book some how. I do love the cover. I think it goes amazingly with the theme of the book with the crows flying high in the back ground and the purple. So perfect for this book.
That being said I had no idea what to write after I finished this book. The beginning of the book was a little confusing, as are most books in the beginning so that wasn't to bad. However, to me the main character Daire was so unlikable to me. She complained about almost everything, and then during her "transformation which seemed totally unlikely that she would make one she was still annoying to me. I just couldn't find it in my heart to like her. Now that being said all the other characters in this book were completely amazing. Even the antagonist who is totally, completely evil in every sense of the word was well written. The plot line was fun to read, although I thought there was too much description and not enough dialogue. Just me though some people like that. My favorite character was definitely Xotichl with all her amazing quirks she was an extremely funny character to read about. I would recommend this book, just because like I said it's a good book, I just didn;t like the main character. You might! Which would be totally awesome cuz Alyson Noel is an amazing writer, and from what I've seen and read on her blog an amazing person. So even though this wasn't my favorite book of all time it was, alright.
Favorite Quote: was on page 192 I loved that entire page just do to the fact it reminded me of my boyfriend and I.
"How long have you guys known each other?" I ask.
"Forever," he says. "I can't remember a single day day without her."
Xotichl laughs, gives his shoulder a playful slap. Head tilted in my direction when she says, "We met last year. It was love at first sight. But unfortunately, my mom doesn't quite see it that way. She doesn't approve."
I look at Auden, taking a quick mental inventory. He's cute, sweet, and obviously lives to breathe the same air as Xotichl- what could possibly be the problem?
"I'm in a band..."
(I'm ending the scene there. There is more, but you will just have to check out the book it find out more.)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.

06/25/2012 page 213