Mogsy (MMOGC)'s Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

May 24, 12

bookshelves: audiobook, paranormal, urban, shapeshifters, vampires
Read from May 18 to 23, 2012

This one was a bit of a let down, I'm afraid. However, I don't want to make this review sound overly negative, because this was by no means a bad book. It just didn't hold my attention like the first one did.

Just like the previous book, I listened to the audio version. I had a hard time paying attention this time around, though; I just found my mind constantly wandering as I listened, even as I was trying hard to follow the story. While I love the narrator, who is an excellent voice actress, even her great performance didn't really help keep me from drifting off. I just felt there was less story and action here, and instead a lot more description and talk, talk, talk. I couldn't help being a little bored at times. On the upside, this meant a lot of character development, and that's always a good thing.

One other thought that did occur to me, is that I kinda wish Mercy had a good girl friend or something to interact with in these books. She's like surrounded by men, and most of them seem to be in love with her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.