Hilary's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

did not like it
bookshelves: chick-lit, fiction, series, 2012
Recommended to Hilary by: Amanda
Read from April 28 to May 17, 2012

Here are the rules for the Fifty Shades of Grey drinking game.

Take a shot every time somebody murmurs.

Take a shot every time Ana bites her bottom lip.

Take a show every time Ana's inner goddess does something inexplicable. (E.g.: Does a back flip, dances, lounges, hides behind a sofa, etc.)

Take a shot every time Christian's pants hang from his hips.

Take a shot every time Christian is described as a stalker.

Take a shot every time E.L. James uses her thesaurus.

Take a shot every time you see a typo.

Take a shot every time Ana has a chance to escape.

Submitted by K.E.: "Take a shot every time she says "Double Crap"."

Die of alcohol poisoning before taking a shot for every one of the above scenarios.
5 likes · flag

04/28/2012 "SO SUBTLE

"Double crap – me and my two left feet! I am on my hands and knees in the doorway to Mr. Grey’s office, and gentle hands are around me helping me to stand. I am so embarrassed, damn my clumsiness. I have to steel myself to glance up. Holy cow – he’s so young.""
6.0% "I AM DYING.

“You wouldn’t want to ruin your clothing,” I gesture vaguely in the direction of his jeans.

“I could always take them off.” He smirks."
04/28/2012
7.0% "Oh yeah. I bet she'll be getting a lot more attentive soon.

“Wow – is there anything I can get you?”
“Anastasia has it covered, Mr. Clayton. She’s been very attentive.” His expression is impassive, but his words… it’s like he’s saying something else entirely. It’s baffling."
04/28/2012
13.0% "Wow, this is taking it to another level.

“How did you find me?”
“I tracked your cell phone Anastasia.”
Oh, of course he did. How is that possible? Is it legal? Stalker, my subconscious whispers at me through the cloud of tequila that’s still floating in my brain, but somehow, because it’s him, I don’t mind."
04/28/2012
14.0% "To quote Jonas: "This guy has a way with words."

“Did you undress me?” I whisper.
“Yes.” He quirks an eyebrow at me as I blush furiously.
“We didn’t,” I whisper, my mouth drying in mortified horror as I can’t complete the question. I stare at my hands.
“Anastasia, you were comatose. Necrophilia is not my thing. I like my women sentient and receptive,” he says dryly."
04/28/2012
17.0% "I'm going to develop a drinking game for this book. Hopefully, it will apply to the film as well."
19.0% "....Dying.

“I like this harness,” he whispers."
19.0% "Unfortunate Typo:

“I’ve never bought a girl up here, Anastasia. It’s another first for me.” His voice is quiet, serious."
19.0% "Unfortunate Typo:

22.0% "Another unfortunate typo:

“But we won’t have any sort of relationship?” I ask.
“No.”
“Why?”
“This is the only sort of relationship I’m interesting in.”"
22.0% "Another unfortunate typo:

“But we won’t have any sort of relationship?” I ask.
“No.”
“Why?”
“This is the only sort of relationship I’m interesting in.”"
26.0% 2 comments
05/17/2012
90.0% ""Why do I want to spend every single minute with this controlling sex god? Oh yes, I’ve fallen in love with him, and he can fly.""
show 7 hidden updates…

message 1: by Tiff (new)

Tiff Hahah I was just thinking about buying this, I see it every time i log on Amazon and it taunts me!

Hilary I'm going to keep updating with quotes from it. I am thoroughly enjoying this experience...

message 3: by Tiff (new)

Tiff I am sure I'll give in eventually and read it I just don't know if i want to spend $10 on it at the moment. I can read bad smut for free.

Hilary Quite true. It's very amusing, though, in a giggle-worthy way.

message 5: by Tiff (new)

Tiff Everyone is talking about it, it's hard to resist.

Hilary Isn't it just Twilight fanfiction?

message 7: by Tiff (new)

Tiff Yeah. AU fan fiction with the names changed. But it's been a best seller on amazon for over a month.

Hilary Well, I am enjoying it more than I enjoyed Twilight for what that's worth.

message 9: by Tiff (new)

Tiff What happened? Decided you needed a break?

Hilary Was celebrating my birthday yesterday, and today got my first deadline for a book that I'm writing. Life is CRAZY.

message 11: by Tiff (new)

Tiff Happy Belated Birthday! Awesome! That's great news.

Hilary Thank you very much! :) It certainly is, though now I've the dreaded problem of actually sitting down, doing the research, and getting things done.

The horror.

message 13: by David (new)

David Katzman I'm going to write a book called Fifty Shades of Grey about an alternate reality Picasso who had a Grey Period instead of a Blue Period.

Hilary I think you should... if only to see how many people review it mistakenly thinking they're purchasing this book.

message 15: by K.E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K.E. Marrs Take a shot every time she says "Double Crap".

Hilary Oh my lord, I'm adding that one in there.

message 17: by K.E. (new) - rated it 2 stars

K.E. Marrs Or when she blushes furiously. Or hotly.

message 18: by Sean (new) - rated it 1 star

Sean Suggestion: take a shot every time one of Christian's physical features is described as "perfect"

Emilee oh you forgot "take a shot every time he raises an eyebrow!"

Stella Take a shot every time she says "Holy Cow", "Holy Fuck", and "Oh My".

XD