Lisa's Reviews > Swipe

Swipe by Evan Angler

Jun 04, 2012

bookshelves: in-my-collection, review-for-author, review-thomas-allen-son
Read from April 28 to May 02, 2012 — I own a copy

Well let me start of by saying Swipe was quiet a read it was thrilling and hear pumping right from the start. Picture this whole world that has seen the worst war in history it’s so bad that nothing has been left no food, homes everyday luxuries are banished and only those with the Mark are able to get any of it back. So one day this head honcho at this big company decides if you want to live in this new world with a new life you need to receive the Mark on your hand its like a tattoo barcode and it all happens when you turn 13 after receiving this Mark you officially become a citizen of this world the Mark allows you to get a job, shop at the mall, even something simple as buying an ice cream sundae crazy huh!

But Logan Langley knows better he knows the Mark is something that hides deep dark secrets and he knows this cause his sister Lily got the Mark on her 13th Birthday and never returned home and ever since then Logan has been a paranoid and I mean PARANOID! He feels as if he is being watched 24/7 and he knows it has something to do with the Mark.

Swipe had me excited with every page turn I wanted to know what happened next it kept you drawn in and for this being the author’s first book he sure did a great job. The one thing that I kept forgetting throughout the book was that Logan was just a 13 year old boy damn I really wish he was older so I wouldn’t have to feel so icky of how excited I got when he uncovered certain things...lol and let me tell you what a tough little 13 year old he was .

For a juvenile read this book is appealing to a grownup and a young reader it has a gripping storyline that doesn’t disappoint. Its fresh make you think wow this can realistically be our kind of world one day so pick this up if you haven’t trust me you will enjoy it and the only reason I gave it a 4 and not a 5 was because I wish Logan was portrayed as an older character not such a young boy but I do understand it’s targeted to younger readers

Enter to win a Copy of Swipe on the www.bookmarkbelles.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swipe.

04/30/2012 page 112