SheReadsALot's Reviews > Take Me

Take Me by Bella Andre

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: part-of-a-series, contemporary, vacation-love, steamy, shy-heroine, wallflower, loved-you-for-years, avoid-at-all-costs, bbw
Recommended for: Doormat fans
Read from April 28 to 29, 2012

This overpriced book was horrible. I was so disappointed with both main characters in this story. Lily who is overweight, has low self esteem, extremely naive and pretty much a doormat is a bad representation of what a plus sized heroine should be. She was too stupid beyond words when it came to Travis.

Sigh...Travis was a jerk and pathetic. He was such a wishy-washy character. He married the woman and then was ashamed of her in the next paragraph. He didn't deserve Lily. At the end of the book, I actually didn't care, these two really deserved each other. I've read Bella Andre's work in the past, this was a let down. She missed a few details she mentioned in the beginning of the book as she got deeper in the story. I noticed this once before in her football series (which is better BTW).

The only reason why I gave it two stars instead of one is because there aren't as many romance novels featuring plus sized leads (which is why I think most readers actually gave it stellar ratings). The plot was great, the writing was sub par. Also for such a high price, the formatting and editing could have been better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me.