Gabriela's Reviews > Neophyte

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: r-r-arr-books
Read in April, 2012

Spoiler Alert:
I received this book through the ARR program so I want to thank the author for giving me the opportunity to read her book. Neophyte is a book about a girl whose life has been predestined to become an Angel. She dies an untimely death; shot in her school cafeteria while trying to save someone else and is reborn into an Angel with five "Guardians"(angels)at her side to protect her and guide her for five years until she trains and receives her assignment as an Angel. She finds love and loss with her human side taking over most of the time. The characters were likeable but the plot was a little confusing because it was never revealed why the fallen angels were after her and/or why they wanted the protector she loved. The constant banter and the overprotecting of the main character, Addisyn by her "brother" angels was a little overbearing in the story. The story however did end where the reader does wonder what is Addisyn to do? Maybe in the next book we will find out Addisyn's truth, why she didn't die when her companion in her Angel life did, what will happen to her "Link" or her band of remaining brothers and her love for Greysan? Most important will her sacrifice be in vain?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Neophyte.