Azusaa's Reviews > The Red Pyramid

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

Apr 28, 12

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Red Pyramid.

Quotes Azusaa Liked

Rick Riordan
“And this is the east shore?" Sadie asked. "You said something about that in London--my grandparents living on the east shore."
Amos smiled. "Yes. Very good, Sadie. In ancient times, the east bank of the Nile was always the side of the living, the side where the sun rises. The dead were buried west of the river. It was considered bad luck, even dangerous, to live there. The tradition is still strong among... our people."
Our people?" I asked, but Sadie muscled in with another question.
So you can't live in Manhattan?" she asked.
Amos's brow furrowed as he looked across at the Empire State Building. "Manhattan has other problems. Other gods. It's best we stay separate.”

Rick Riordan
“Oh no." I said panic rising in my chest. "No, no, no, Somebody get a can opener. I've got a god in my head!!”

Rick Riordan
“Die, enemies of Ra!" Sekhemet yelled. "Perish in agony!"
"She's almost as annoying as you," I told Horus.
"Impossible," Horus said. "No one bests Horus.”

Rick Riordan
“Now the tattoos," Zia announced.
"Brilliant!" I said.
"On your tongue," she added.
"Excuse me?”

Rick Riordan
“Ah, Mastery of the Five Elements!"
"Is that the one we want?" I asked.
"No, but a good one. How to tame the five essential elements of the universe - earth, air, water, fire, and cheese!"
"Cheese?”

Rick Riordan
“Now, now," Bast said. "It's not so bad."
"Right," I said. "We're stuck in Washington, D.C. We have two days to make it to Arizona and stop a god we don't know how to stop. And if we can't, we'll never see our dad or Amos again, and the world might end."
"That's the spirit!" Bast said brightly. "Now, let's have a picnic.”

Rick Riordan
“So you've got no name?" I asked. "They couldn't think of one ugly enough?"
The creature snarled, stepping over the unconscious policeman.
"Set animal is too hard to say," I decided. "I'll call you Leroy."
Apparently, Leroy didn't like his name. He lunged.”

Rick Riordan
“In person, if possible, Anubis was even more drop-dead gorgeous. [Oh . . . ha, ha. I didn't catch the pun, but thank you, Carter. God of the dead, drop-dead gorgeous. Yes, hilarious. Now, may I continue?]”
tags: pun

Rick Riordan
“Wha-what?" Her eyes fluttered open.
"Nothing," I shouted. "We're being followed by a slaying machine. Go back to sleep.”

Rick Riordan
“Far, far below, red liquid bubbled. Blood? Lava? Evil ketchup? None of the posibilities were good.”

Rick Riordan
“Right," Sadie said. "And Set will just stand there calmly while I read him to death.”

Rick Riordan
“I woke to a bucket of ice water in my face.
“Sadie! Get up,” Zia said.
“God!” I yelled. “Was that necessary?”
“No,” admitted Zia.”

Rick Riordan
“I guessed his name was Face of Horror. I wondered how long it had taken his mom to think of that. Bob? No. Sam? No. How about Face of Horror?”