Alaina's Reviews > Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection

Drop Dead Healthy by A.J. Jacobs

Apr 28, 2012

I had previously read this author's book, Year of Living Biblically, and liked it. I saw this new one was out and given my own recent quest for a healthier me, decided to give it a read. I think this book was great and well worth the read. Similar to his other books, Jacobs goes on a quest. This time he decides to become the healthiest man on Earth. He obviously does not become the healthiest, but does become healthier. He tried multiple diets, all fitness regimes, interviewed experts and makes you laugh along the way. Trying everything- and I mean everything (like pole dancing and wearing a helmet all the time). Similar to his other books, he goes all in and recognizes the conflicting messages, advice and knowledge that we are subjected to daily and how, if we listened to everything, all consuming it would become. It's funny and witty and many times I laughed out loud. Yet, there is knowledge gained by reading his book and a better understanding of self, our world and true ways of being healthier and I wonder if his wife, Julie, is writing a book about living with this man.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drop Dead Healthy.