Pathway Midland's Reviews > Who Is God and What Does He Want with Me?: Getting Back to the Basics of our Faith

Who Is God and What Does He Want with Me? by Jonathan Falwell

Apr 28, 12

Read in March, 2012

This book written by Jonathan Falwell is technically found in the Christian Living section at Pathways, but I think it could also be some sort of bible study. The books starts out by describing everyone's need for a purpose in life, a purpose that can only be found in Jesus Christ. Jonathan Falwell begins by saying he had been born into Christianity, but that he grew up only going through the motions, never really finding a personal relationship with Jesus or subscribing to his mission until his later years. He then transitions to the fact that Jesus Christ makes Christianity real, and gives us all a purpose on this earth. The rest of the book literally examines the 1000 days of Jesus's ministry, and relates these teachings to our modern lives. Falwell describes the upbringing, baptism, ministry, and cruxifiction of Christ, and brings insight into the "why" of his actions and accomplishments. He tells stories like the sermon on the mount, Jesus's fishing miracle, his calming of the storm, his temptation in the desert, and much more. Each chapter ends with discussion questions, so this book would work well with a small group who is looking for deeper insight into the life and teachings of Jesus. 1000 Days is an interesting study filled with examples and object lessons, factual knowledge, and biblical truth.

-Caleb

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Is God and What Does He Want with Me?.