Kelly Hager's Reviews > Endure

Endure by Carrie Jones

Apr 29, 2012

liked it
Read from April 28 to 29, 2012

I enjoyed this book although it definitely should have been longer. It felt like a lot of the book was incredibly rushed. For example, Zara made a romantic decision very quickly, given that she had been brooding about it for the previous three books.

The final battle---which is literally for the fate of the world---was also rushed, and while I do like happy endings, I'm not sure this book's ending was realistic. (Still, I can't fault Carrie Jones for that; it's not like I would have been overjoyed if the body count had been higher.)

I will admit that I've liked Zara this whole time, but I absolutely loved her in Endure. She moves past mooning over Nick and she fully accepts being a pixie queen. She rallies people to her cause and always does the right thing, even when it's hard and even when it hurts. (I wish I could give you my favorite example but it's a spoiler.)

Still, though, this is a satisfying conclusion for a very fun series. Recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endure.

Booklover6 At the end of the book is Zara Astley's Queen again? Because I know they're together at the end but surely Astley would need a new queen if Zara isn't?