Brandon's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

May 15, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read on May 15, 2012

As an aspiring writer, reading can get complicated. When reading a book, I can feel simultaneously happy and depressed. Here's why:

I feel happy when I read books like Paper Towns by John Green that have characters who are so real you could hug them when they are happy and slap them when they are wrong, and with plot lines of brilliance.

I feel depressed, because I realize I could never write something that compared to a book like Paper Towns by John Green, which is amazing, and I throw out everything I had ever worked on and give up on the idea of writing a novel, because John Green is alive and writing.

So, has this inspired you to go and read this awesome book? It better have.

And writers be warned...this book is almost inhuman. In a good way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.

Quotes Brandon Liked

John Green
“My heart is really pounding," I said.
"That's how you know you're having fun," Margo said.”
John Green, Paper Towns

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books I felt like that after reading The Fault in Our Stars, it was so brilliant I cried continuously for days afterwards. I also racked up a $600 mobile phone bill that my friend luckily paid for (Thanks J I love you for totally ignoring your boyfriend so that you could call and comfort me after I finished the book and for paying my mobile phone bill. You're the man!)

Brandon Yeah, I'm going to get Stars today. Definitely reading that one next.

Skyla Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books Keep tissues near by you will need them...if you are anything like me you will cry I should say.