Emma's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

May 01, 12

bookshelves: pnr, mythology, owned-kindle, series
Read from April 28 to 30, 2012

A lot more seemed to be going on in the second instalment of this series, more daimon threat, more political goings-on and even the Gods made their presence known (if only through the Furies).

I felt more invested in this book than the first, partly because of that, partly because I liked Alex more as she seems to be maturing a bit and also because I found her and Seth's interactions more interesting than her and Aiden's.

There is still plenty of Aiden - in fact I felt there was a bit too much. Whereas, in Half-Blood, I was pretty indifferent to him, in Pure I found his habit of popping up all the time and the hot and cold signals irritating. After all, he has a place on the council available to him, if he really was Mr Perfect and an equal ops type of guy, he would do something actively about the terrible prejudice in their society.

Seth, on the other hand, has plenty of flaws, doesn't do or say the right thing half the time and I'm pretty sure he's naive to the fact he's being used by Lucian but at least he's entertaining.

I did wish that Alex showed a bit more interest in him personally as I would've liked to find out some of his backstory, such as what happened to his parents, how he coped with becoming the Apollyon and why, if he was brought up on a little Greek island, he ended up in the US? Perhaps I'll find out more in the next book... 3.5 stars for this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

04/29/2012