Heidi's Reviews > Emma Dilemma: Big Sister Poems

Emma Dilemma by Kristine O'Connell George

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: 2013-beehive-nominee, children-0-12, fiction, picture-books, poetry, juv-6-12, inspirational
Read on April 28, 2012

Oh my goodness. That was so cute and sweet. If I weren't on the reference desk, I would be crying. Seriously, I had to hold in the tears. Wow. These poems were perfect length--for me and for lots of kids! Having a sister, I can understand much of the sentiment. Of course, I am the younger sister to the only other girl in our family. And we, like Jessica and Emma, are the same age gap. I don't know or remember all of the annoying/careless/mean/ignorant/unrealized things I did, but I'm pretty sure I was SUCH a pain for my sister. I can't remember my sister ever being mean or annoyed with me, though she must have been at some time! But I do remember the times my sister was patient with me, played with me, made me laugh, ALWAYS apologized first (usually when she was never at fault), and so much more. She truly is the best big sister ever and there is no bond on this earth that I have like the one I have with her.

She was my example when I finally became a big sister. I failed so many times they can't be counted! But I know Jessica's side, and how much I love my little brother--years younger. How much he could get on my nerves and just didn't GET it! But oh, I love that boy. Even if we're all adults now, I still hope every day to try and be as good a big sister to him as my sister has always been for me.

A fabulous choice for Beehive nominee.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emma Dilemma.