Margo's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Apr 28, 12

Read in April, 2012

Thank goodness I have finished this series and can move on! It was Fifty-Shades of a car crash. Something that once you sneak-a-peak at, you just have to stare until you can no longer see it in the distance. I will say this, as an obsessive reader, I am dismayed at the amount of publicity that this series has gotten. Perhaps the only good thing to come of this will be that people will look into reading other, more established authors in the romantica/erotica genre. A good book still has to have an interesting plot, well developed characters that can interact with each other as well as grip the reader into feeling like they are a part of the story. Sex scenes on every third page does not cut it. This series reminded me alot of the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (only dirtier). By the time you get to book six, you can practically write it yourself. This "series" would have been better written if it was combined into one book, removing all the excessive nonsense. Again, borrow or rent from your friendly neighborhood librarian. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.