Jenny - TotallybookedBlog's Reviews > The Reluctant Dom

The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton

Jul 01, 12

bookshelves: adult
Read in July, 2012

I've just finished this book and I'm clutching my chest.

This was such an emotional read. I cried many times through it and it really did touch me deep.

I'm not a real fan of a lot of BDSM books to be honest but this book is so much more than that.

In this book the relationship between Seth, Leah and Kaden is explored and it is done so well that you really feel the deep love and emotion these three go through.

They share a deep bond and knowing throughout the book that Kaden was dying had me reading the whole time with a huge knot in my stomach and pain in my heart.

It's taken me a long time to get around to reading this book and I'm so glad I finally took the plunge. This book will stay with me for quite a while that's for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Dom.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Happy (new)

Happy This has been on my TBR for awhile now, just waiting on Lendle :) Glad to see your great review!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Thanks Happy. I've had it for a while and had shelved it until someone convinced me I had to read it.
So glad I did even if I am in a state of emotional turmoil right now ;)

message 3: by Yvette (new)

Yvette Huerta Jenny, were you able to download it? I've heard great reviews about this book but it was unavailable for a while. I'm not a huge fan on bdsm either but if it is on the light side I don't mind it. Now I'm really going to be looking for it after your review, thanks!!

Shelley I read this ages ago and I still remember ALL of it. Weirdly, I only had it rated at 3 stars... WTF? So I had to revise that. It is a fabulous read that will stay with me forever. Hope you okay Jen...you'll have to find a funny to read now.

message 5: by Yani (new) - rated it 1 star

Yani I started reading this book a while back, but I put is down, bdsm is really not my thing, and a lot of people really like this book...dunno maybe I'll give it another shot, I couldn't handle that she seemed to have no will, I wasn't able to get in her place, something like something is happening to me, here's my wife she's yours now to care...I guess I can't grasp the submissive thing. Is it really more than that?

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Yvette wrote: "Jenny, were you able to download it? I've heard great reviews about this book but it was unavailable for a while. I'm not a huge fan on bdsm either but if it is on the light side I don't mind it. N..."

Yvette I believe this is being re-released by the author pretty soon. I've had it for ages and finally got around to reading it.

I wasn't going to read it because like you, I'm not a BDSM fan either but that really does take a backseat to the emotion and relationships in this book.

Hope you manage to get hold of it.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Yani wrote: "I started reading this book a while back, but I put is down, bdsm is really not my thing, and a lot of people really like this book...dunno maybe I'll give it another shot, I couldn't handle that s..."

Yani, you know me. This isn't my genre and I knew it was going to be a hard read for me based on that.
Once you get into the book you will understand Leah more. I totally get what you're saying about her having no will because in the beginning I couldn't relate to her because of that and thought that would hold me back from connecting with the characters.

Once you read it you will see how selfless Kaden was in what he did for Leah and the whole relationship between Seth and Kaden is really amazing.

Try and push through. I know that's easier said than done and I only did because I was assured it would be worth it and it was.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Tracie thank you so much for your response. I sobbed through the book myself. It really was an emotional read and that will certainly stay with me.

The story for me was more about the relationship between Kaken and Seth more so than the relationship between Kaden/Seth and Leah.

Relating and connecting with Kaden yet knowing throughout the book that he would eventually die was just heartbreaking for me.

I really was a blubbering idiot by the end of it too.

message 9: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda OMG! Now I'm nervous about recommending The Siren! *bites nails*

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog I trust you Rhonda, my book goddess! lol

message 11: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Jenny - totallybookedblog wrote: "I trust you Rhonda, my book goddess! lol"

I just laughed out loud!! :)