Sam Ang's Reviews > The History of the World According to Facebook

The History of the World According to Facebook by Wylie Overstreet

Jul 20, 2012

bookshelves: non-fiction, parody
Read in March, 2012

The full review is available at the following link:

Hur!!?? I wasn't sure how to treat this book. I wasn't even sure under what category this book should go. Should I be incredulously surprised that something on this topic could ever become a book at all or to be equally surprised that I would pick it up and flip through every page? Nevertheless, if that fella Overstreet could whip up a book just by collecting fictional status updates from history, I shouldn't be too concern about trivial things such as this.

Of course Facebook did not exist when the universe was formed, and God definitely cared less to update in the social networking site. Because of all these facts, it makes this book much more interesting when Overstreet gave them a fictional account and started updating on behalf of them.

The involved parties are not all historical - some are fictional characters from movies but portrayed within the timeline as if it really did happen, making the reader who manage to hold his laughter to that point of the book to read in surprise and continue laughing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The History of the World According to Facebook.