Michael Madden's Reviews > The Mystery of the Green Ghost

The Mystery of the Green Ghost by Robert Arthur

Apr 28, 2012

bookshelves: childrens

The Alfred Hitchock and the Three Investigators series of books are fondly remembered from my childhood. The Quintessentially English Famous Five were never my cup of tea, and the Secret Seven were just not adventurous enough. The Three Investigators certainly hit the spot, with adventure stories and mysteries in far off places. This one centred around a green ghost that appeared in and around various places in California, and the way Mr Arthur (the author, though for many years I actually believed that Alfred Hitchcock was the author), binds the characters together is great for a young mind. He also manages continuity throughout the entire Three Investigators series, another important aspect of junior fiction as it encourages the reading of all of the books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mystery of the Green Ghost.

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen I love it that you're reading those oldies! It makes me want to do the same thing. I'm adding them to my list!

message 2: by Karen (last edited Jun 18, 2013 01:30PM) (new) - added it

Karen I just went on the "Fantastic Fiction" website (you should check it out), and it looks like there were 44 books in the entire series.

Michael Madden Wow - 44? Looks like Ive got a lot to catch up on.