Leif Fosse's Reviews > Going Solo

Going Solo by Roald Dahl

Apr 28, 12

Read in December, 2011

The book Going Solo is full of exciting, breathtaking, suspenseful, and defiantly worth reading. This book is about a young mans life and all of his adventures. The one thing that I really like about this book is that the fun never stops. First they talk about his adventures traveling with the Shell Oil company, and how he went to Africa and ran into many obstacles on his way.
The second half of this book gets even better. Roald Dahl enter the Air force and encounters many different situations of life and death and is just lucky enough to come out alive. Another thing I love about book Going Solo really goes into detail when it comes to the dogfights with the Germans and Roald Dahl. He explains what it is like to be thousands of feet in the air spinning, turning, and having bullets fly by you. He expresses really well about how he feels when he is flying, or even after he has shot down his first plane. All in all the book Going Solo is one that I would not suggest skipping.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Solo.

Marten Leif,
Nice job. I like your review. Well done.

Leif Fosse Thank you sir. I wrote a little bit more if you would like to check it out.

Marten Well done, Leif. I enjoyed the additions you made. Thanks for putting in a little extra effort.