L.C. Hayden's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Lawrence I'm planning on reading this one as soon as it's available at the library on MP3 or CD.

message 2: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. Hayden Cool. Let me know what you thought and if you'd recommend it. I've heard that it's an easy, fast read. I was going to read that next, but ended up in NM with no book to read (I finished the one I took.) Fortunately, my husband also finished his so I started reading his book, Jeffery Deaver's The Empty Chair. So far, so good.
I just can't seem to be able to read more than one book at a time. Can you?

message 3: by Lawrence (last edited May 07, 2012 01:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lawrence I will let you know what I think of The Hunger Games. I was just talking with my sister in AZ about this book. She's read it and wants my take on it too. I've read several books by Jeffery Deaver, but not that one yet. Last one I read was called "Edge". Yes, I can and do read more than one book at a time. I was just reading 4 books but now I finished "Kill Alex Cross" by James Patterson, so I down to reading 3 right now. As long as the genres are different, then I'm able to read several books at one time. If one of the books gets extremely good, then I stop reading the other books and finish the extremely good one. I always read and listen to several books at the same time.

message 4: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. Hayden Wow! I admire you. I can't imagine reading more than one book at a time. I get all the characters confused. I guess that's mainly because the main part of my brain that houses characters gives preference to the ones I create--or maybe I'm just dorky! Either way, one book at time for me.
That's a good idea about reading more than one book at a time as long as they're different genres. I might try that. If I do, I'll forever be indebted to you!
Where in AZ is your sister? My son and family live in Glendale, a part of Phoenix. Boy oh boy, it sure is hot over there!

message 5: by Lawrence (last edited May 07, 2012 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lawrence I ran into that problem with the characters only one time and that was when both books had three sisters in each book. Talk about drama and confusion. So from then on I always make sure the subject matter is totally different. My sister lives in Sun City, AZ. It's not to far from Glendale because she's always talking about going to and from the Glendale library. She library hops like I do sometimes. I haven't been there, but the stories that I hear from her about the heat is something. Are we in a small world or what!

message 6: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. Hayden It is a small world! I'm always amazed about that. I know exactly where Sun City is, and you're right. It's not too far from Glendale.
Library hop. I like that. Never thought about it. I frequent my neighborhood library and the one on the opposite side of town where the writer's group meets. Yet, we have a lot of other libraries in our city. It would be interesting to go.
In fact, we stopped at the main library, located in downtown El Paso because it had recently been renovated. Surrounding the main door was a sign in huge letters that reads "Our Favorite Local Authors" and right there at eye-level is my name printed in about 8 - 10 inch letters.
That was a nice surprise and not one I'll expect to see in any other library. Thanks for the suggestion to library hop!