Ron's Reviews > A Crown of Swords

Sep 15, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy
Read in January, 2004

The reader who has stuck with Jordan is either completely INTO his world, and angry that Jordan seems to have lost control of himself. I am among the latter.

I kept reading, hoping he would redeem himself. Sadly, he didn't. There's a message there for all of us. If something's worth doing, do it. Don't draw it out just for the fun (and profit) of drawing it out. I hope--but don't expect--his literary successors to tie this all together at the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Crown of Swords.

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jon Brandon Sanderson is working very hard on the final installment and culmination of this series. I regularly review his blog and I've read a few of his books. I think he's a great fit for the series and will do an excellent job wrapping all these loose ends up.

message 2: by Ron (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ron I hope so, but am not holding my breath. If I'm surprised, it will be pleasant.

Andrew I first started this series because of Brandon Sanderson, and by now I'm kind of in it but getting really annoyed. However, everyone says the last book helps the series immensely and that the series was basically dead until Brandon Sanderson stepped in. So I'm keeping on, though I might read some summaries instead of the whole books.

message 4: by Ron (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ron Some of Sanderson's independent work has been good. I'll be happy if he just draws the thing to a decent closing.

Tori The last few books of the series are the best, mostly because Brandon Sanderson does an excellent job. If you invested any time to this series I would suggest finishing it simply because most of people's complaints go away when Brandon starts writing.