Adrienne's Reviews > The Secret Circle: The Captive Part II and The Power

The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: coulda-been-better, book-boyfriends, favorite-authors, ya-fantasy-romance, witches-and-warlocks, unforgettable-heroines, love-triangle, series, borrowed
Recommended to Adrienne by: My sister :)
Recommended for: All kinds of teens!!
Read from April 28 to 29, 2012

This book is really nice :) I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because even though I really liked the story and the different characters, I still got a little sad over Nick and Cassie not ending up together. I really wanted him to be her soulmate, (view spoiler) And Adam reminds me so much of Stefan Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. And well, I hate Stefan Salvatore. So it was pretty much of a bummer.

At the end of the book I really couldn't help wondering: what will happen to my beloved Nick Armstrong? I love his character. Wouldn't it be such a shame if he didn't find his own soulmate? It would be so nice if he did. I actually want to read the next two books after The Secret Circle: The Power just to see how Nick turns out but unfortunately they were not written by L.J. Smith, but by some wannabe ghostwriter trying to imitate her writing. The experience wouldn't be the same. So I guess I'll have to deal with the ending that the original author has given the book. Sigh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Circle.