Books-treasureortrash's Reviews > The Pub Across The Pond

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, romance
Read in April, 2012

Book Review: 3 Treasure Boxes

Ronan McBride loses the family pub in a bet and he can stop it from falling into the wrong hands by raffling it off to an American. Carlene Rivers is the lucky winner, and she has won more than just a pub. The only problem is, not everyone in Ballybeog wants her there.
The Pub Across the Pond is Mary Carter’s fifth novel. It is a romance and is introduced in the prologue as “the greatest love story ever told in Ballybeog”. The story is told in a first person narrative by Declan, a minor character, he is telling Carlene Rivers tale, she is the main protagonist. The story takes place in present day Ireland. wants her there.

Ronan is gorgeous, but he is also irresponsible and a bit of a loose cannon. Carlene has never won anything in her life, in fact she always considered herself unlucky, until now. I knew how the story was going to end after the first page, but how it unfolded was unique and took a few unexpected turns. At times I thought the dialogues included way too many, “he said”, “she said.” On the whole the characters were appealing.

This is a standalone book with an interesting premise. I liked how the story unfolded and I was curious to see how it was going to get to the finish line. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading a light romance.

For more of my reviews go to http://books-treasureortrash.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pub Across The Pond.