Kelly's Reviews > The Demon's Bargain

251943
Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, 2012-favorites, erotica, paranormal-romance, read-in-2012
Read from April 27 to 29, 2012

Holy smokes, Batman! Where has this series been all my life? It has all the things I adore and want more of... a sexy beast of a hero, a damaged heroine, a despicable ass of a husband who needs to get his comeuppance... If I weren't sitting in my chair right now I'd be bouncing all over the place.

Maybe this was just the perfect book for the type of mood I was in, but everything about it worked for me. I LOVED how Vetis was determined to replace Amara's memories of degradation and pain with ones that gave her pleasure to remember. I loved that Amara's abuse is addressed head on. I loved that Vetis pulls out all the stops to get through to her. In fact, I'm getting a little swoony thinking about it.

I really, really loved the world that Lisa Alder has created. I'm a sucker for demons and broken societies and this book took both and mixed them up nicely. Did I mention the demons? Let's face it, demons are one of my favorites for a reason and Vetis pushed all my buttons. So to speak. I like that these demons were imprisoned by the Fae as a means for the Fae to steal all the energy of the humans for themselves (Dudes, not a spoiler. This is laid out in the opening prologue and is some AWESOME setup for this world). It was a nice twist on the idea that the Fae are inherently good and it pulled me in from the start.

The sex is smokin', the demons sizzle and the world packs a punch. I am totally looking forward to reading more in this series.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Demon's Bargain.