Victor Gentile's Reviews > A Commentary on the Psalms, Psalms 1-41: Volume 1

A Commentary on the Psalms, Psalms 1-41 by Allen P. Ross

May 05, 12

Read in May, 2012

Allen P. Ross in his new book, “A Commentary on the Psalms, Volume 1: 1-41″ Volume One in the Five Book Kregel Exegetical Library Series published by Kregel Publications gives us insight into the first 41 Psalms in the Bible.

From the back cover: The Book of Psalms has been the people of God’s richest resource for expressing worship and developing the spiritual life. It is also one of the more complex and challenging sections of the Bible to expound responsibly and meaningfully. Pastors, teachers, and all serious students of the Bible will find this commentary invaluable for developing their understanding of the Psalms and for improving their ability to expound it with precision and depth.

The book of Psalms in the Bible was written by individuals who were going through moments of crisis and cried out to God or moments of great praise. Psalms, at times, can be prophetic as they tell of Jesus’ coming. There is quite a lot packed into each Psalm and most of us don’t really know everything that the Psalm is saying. At least for me that is true. Allen P. Ross has provided a verses by verse, sometime word by word breakdown so that each Psalm can be understood. The more understanding we have the more we learn about God and the more we can praise Him for what we have learned. This book is a resource that will be used over and over again. I recommend this book highly. I am looking forward to the next book in this series!

If you would like to listen to interviews with other authors and professionals please go to www.kingdomhighlights.org where they are available On Demand.

To listen to 24 hours non-stop Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Kregel Publications. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Commentary on the Psalms, Psalms 1-41.