Cami Hensley's Reviews > Dissolve

Dissolve by Andrea Heltsley

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: ya-paranormal
Read in April, 2012

This is one of those stories, that falls in between YA Paranormal and Adult Paranormal. There is definite behavior that you dont typically see in a YA book, the characters are quite immature and act like those in a YA book though.

Cora is a very easy character to enjoy reading about even though she was a little too unemotional at times for what was happening to her. I didn't believe the loss of her fiance had enough of an impact on her first of all, and then when everything turned supernatural she just seemed to go with it... I for one would have been freaked out a bit more. Maybe had a temper tantrum or melt down or two?

I do wish the story would have focused more on Cora instead of adding all of the secondary characters. It felt a little forced and maybe took away from her development as a character.

I really liked the premise of this story, I did however feel that the story seemed to have A.D.D. at times. I felt like the storyline was jumping around a bit too much. I think that while the execution was a little off on this one, Andrea Heltsley still managed to make a solid debut for herself.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dissolve.